When we think about the social media presence of our clients, the first step on that path is creating strategy. Next, after we define the strategic direction, define the goals and messages, criteria for measuring the impact, it is important to tailor a detailed plan about the real content. We do so based on creating a content plan, with a detailed overview of all types of content, channels, days, schedule, and frequency. Creating a content plan for popular networks is a task we’re all looking forward to because it takes a lot of creativity. This blog post is dedicated to useful tips the Titan design team is sharing about creating a content plan.
Before we start tailoring the social media posts, it is important to clearly understand the purpose of the posts and the target audience. For this reason, we will try to focus on the most popular ones, and explain the process of creating content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
Choose wisely, post smart
First of all – it is essential to choose the channels your audience is following. Not all the channels are suitable for all brands, for example, TikTok is not a place for all clients if the target audience doesn’t follow that specific network. It can bring more harm than benefits, and in the long-term perspective, insisting on creating content for all popular networks can harm the brand too.
A skilled social media strategist will pick two or three channels, the ones that will bring benefits to the brand. When you plan the strategy in this way, success is inevitable. On the other hand, if you go for the quantity, and don’t fit the content to each network individually, it is a certain way to waste time and money.
Our advice for publishing content on the 5 top social media networks
This is one of the oldest social media networks. Though many people think Facebook lost its influence, the stats show this belief is a misconception. Up to 20% of the world’s population spends time on this network every day. It is more than a billion visits on a daily basis. on average, Facebook users spend 1 hour each day. What is our advice related to this network?
- When you’re planning the calendar of social media posts, keep in mind the rule the text should always be followed by the photo, visual, or video. Post with the text brings much less reach and engagement,
- Use 80-20 rule in content planning. This means 80% of your content should consist of a fun, educative, or informative character, while 20% should be a commercial for your brand,
- The Facebook algorithm loves videos, so it would be great to invest in video production. Besides it enabling a very creative approach in brand presentation, top-quality videos have an amazing reach on Facebook,
- The algorithm loves – money too. So, forget about organic reach, and prepare the budget for promoting posts. It would be a pity your well-thought content doesn’t reach the potential customers only because you didn’t know you should have a higher budget.
Twitter is a very specific social media network, and it differs from others in many ways. It is not so popular as Facebook or Instagram, but it could be very interesting for building a community if you belong to a specific niche. In our country, brands are not that thrilled with Twitter, but this trend is slowly changing. The best example is the Metalac community on Twitter. What would be our advice when it comes to joining Twitter?
- The post should be as direct and straight to the point as possible because the tweet allows only 280 characters. Though, in the last few years threads (joint tweets with the same topic) have become very popular, so it’s a way to communicate with more information,
- Multimedia tweets, with infographics, GIFs, or other visuals, get 150% more attention and retweets,
- Regular communication with followers is more than important in this example. So, take your time, and respond to mentions, tagging, or comments.
On average, a billion people visit Instagram on a monthly basis, and almost 83% of them claim they discovered a new product or service exactly on this network. These are great reasons to include this network in your strategy and content plan. Don’t forget high-quality photos and video shots are important for Instagram, so you should invest money into production. What would be our advice?
- Instagram post is still the most popular format, so it should be creative. It doesn’t have to be only photos, but also videos, reels, carousels, etc. The topic of the videos could be behind-the-scenes events or the cooperation between brands and influencers,
- IG stories are an excellent way to connect with your followers, it’s a great idea to use quizzes, surveys, boxes for asking questions, often and with the reason, to meet them better,
- Just like in the case of Facebook, the Instagram algorithm prefers videos. The advice is to present your brand in creative video reels.
It seems TikTok is only starting to be popular in our country. This is the fastest-growing network, with more than 800 million monthly visits of active users. But these numbers will not secure success for you if your target audience is not on this network. Make sure you read our advice and decide if this network is relevant for your brand.
- It is a priority to always be relevant, up to date, and post in time. It is not advisable to be late with posting, it is not necessary for the video to be done in high production, it is only important to follow the trend according to your target audience (should be young people),
- If nobody in your company knows how to use TikTok, and it is necessary to include TikTok into your content strategy, then long-term cooperation with influencers could provide a great solution. In that case, they are creating videos exclusively for your brand and channel, plus they promote your brand additionally by posting on their account,
- Using TikTok in your content strategy is a great chance to show the human side of your brand. Be relaxed, have fun while creating content, build the community, and connect with the followers.
If you’ve thought LinkedIn is only meant for B2B communication, think twice after reading the following stats. LinkedIn generates leads 227% more efficiently than Facebook and Twitter. How about that? Titan team thinks this network is worthy of trying, as there are a lot of possibilities. What else you should know about this network?
- Hashtags used in posts are extremely important because if you choose the ones relevant for your industry, it might bring you new followers and help you expand your network with new niches,
- LinkedIn requires 3-4 posting per week. It is crucial to combine the posting content, so one type of post should be with shorter captions and video or visual, and the other type should be with the longer text of informative or educative character. Besides, always share your company’s blog on LinkedIn, interviews too, PR articles, content related to corporate events, etc.
Titan Design team has the best solutions for your content plan
Now that you’ve got a more clear picture of each of the above-mentioned networks, you might try to create a posting plan for your brand. If you want to focus on products and services development and leave it up to professionals to deal with your social media channels, contact us and we will create the best content plan for your brand, to mutual satisfaction.