A guide for small businesses about content marketing
If you are an owner of a small business and you are striving to be more successful, if you haven’t heard of content marketing, there are small chances to achieve success without using all potentials of content marketing. According to studies, B2B companies that have blog sections on their website, and publish content at least twice a month, have 70% more leads than the competition who don’t have this type of content on their blog page or blog page at all.
A blog is the basis of every content strategy. In one of our posts, we wrote about a successful blog section for one of our clients Piazza Organica. A blog is a great way for attracting traffic to your website and keep some of those visitors while they are reading texts and scroll the webshop on the site. A good blog section takes time to write quality texts, and you cannot expect instant results, but once they attract the traffic to the site, results become long-term.
You’ve probably been thinking about this type of enriching content on your site, especially if it brings potential buyers, but you don’t have enough knowledge or experience about content writing, strategy, etc. this blog post is dedicated to reasons of having a blog page on the site and how it can help in growing your business.
Do you need a content writer for your small business?
If you have very modest knowledge or absolutely no knowledge about specific jobs, you should delegate them to people who are experts in that specific field. When it comes to writing, it requires special skills to write quality blog posts for example or any other content.
A professional content writer will bring additional value because he/she knows how to adjust the tone and language to each target audience. The writer knows how to clearly define goals that should be met with a certain text or series of texts.
You might think everyone is your target audience, but a professional content writer will convince you to believe quite the opposite and will give you clear directions for creating a profile of your ideal buyer.
10 questions that will help you hire a content writer
We made this list of questions that will help you whether you need a content writer or not and which one to select. If you have more “YES”, then you certainly should think about scheduling a meeting with us.
- Do you or any of your teammates need more than 3 hours to write a 500, 600 words text? (One Word page).
- Would you use your time more productively for growing your business if you could write less?
- Do you have a clear picture of the purpose of your current blog? Is it increasing sales, number of readers, enhancing optimization, or building a reputation?
- Do you know how to clearly define your target audience?
- Would you want any other content forms on your blog page? Those could be case studies, infographics, news, interviews.
- Does it take a lot of time to think of topics for your blog posts?
- Would it help you save time if someone else, based on your instructions, would write blog posts for your company?
- Would the numbers about the growth of your business be more visible if you present them via infographics?
- Do you need help with writing copies for social media networks, that will support the increase of engagements?
- Do you need help with editing texts and optimizing them for search engines?
What if I have more “YES” answers?
Then it seems it’s a high time you think about hiring a professional content writer, which is the easy part. The difficult part is to finally make that decision. Also, the difficult part is to find someone who can analyze your needs, understand your target audience, and their needs, the content the target audience would like to read. Besides, you should take care about how your messages will be presented to your audience via blog section content.
Think twice, hire someone who can understand your vision, who can tailor the content based on the target audience, and who can use the buzz words that will attract the audience. Ask the right questions during the meeting, provide as much information as possible to your future content writer, ask the candidates to suggest a few topics so you can check their thinking process.
Do you want to hire a content writer now? We are ready to do thorough keyword research related to your niche, give suggestions for future content, and create the content strategy. If you want to read some of the texts we wrote for our clients, you can go to the blog section of Eurocrem or read previous texts on our site.
If you find this post interesting, feel free to share it with your colleagues and friends, because we are sure they will find it useful too.